Rabbi Elieser Lauria
Elieser Lauria was one of several Rabbis who became Christians in Jerusalem in the first half of the nineteenth century. He was baptized by Bishop Alexander in 1843, whereupon he was forced by the Jewish authorities to divorce his wife, who was sent by them back to Russia. She, however, returned to him in 1846, and in the next year she too made a public confession of her faith in our Saviour. Henceforth she assisted her husband in his ministry. They laboured together at Cairo, until her death of cholera in 1849.
Lauria opened a mission school there in 1850. He was much esteemed, even by the rabbis, and he circulated the Scriptures as far as Arabia. Many came to faith through his witness.
Bernstein, A. Jewish Witnesses for Christ (Internet archives)
Ewald, F.E., Journal Missionary Labours in the City of Jerusalem 1842-3-4 (Internet archives)